Post by Tim Camara on Feb 20, 2015 13:23:25 GMT -8
Judging by the title up there, it's been 2 months since I've done one of these. Based on how tired my fingers are right now, it's a good bet that I'll try to get these out more regularly in the future.
- Members who have the warn members power but not the edit profiles power can now actually, you know, warn members.
- Trying to embed a Vine with an invalid URL would crash IE11. At least IE is really trying these days, and that's what really counts, right?
- Added the plugin version to the plugin settings hash on the page, and made Wormopolis dreams come true.
- Cracked down on the 'Disable Smiles' option and made it work consistently everywhere, including the shoutbox, and clarified the tooltip on the option.
- Header and footer components of plugins now play nicely with variable insertion again.
- Fixed an issue where copying smiles from one theme to another caused the theme size to explode.
- Using the 'Send Message' button from someone's profile led to a page that didn't respect any micro-profile template changes
- Fixed the code editors so that they now use tabs instead of spaces when auto-indenting, because tabs are love, tabs are life. If you think spaces are better, I will challenge you to fisticuffs.
- Brought the message of the new embedding system to the mobile masses.
- Gave parts of the global account settings page a makeover, particularly during save and cancel operations.
- Sped up the loading of the theme manager page.
- Fixed a weird issue where member searching was reliant on a specific HTML structure.
- You know those blank attachments in your attachments list? We stopped those from occurring. Old ones will still be there, but can be safely removed should you so desire.
- Optimized the feng shui of some of the registration options in the forum settings area.
- Polls with hidden results no longer also hide voting options on mobile, since that makes no sense.
- Timestamp color has now been properly taken into account on the default color schemes.
- Properly and consistently enforce theme size limits to avoid weird edge cases that stop you from exporting a theme.
- Made search filters more resistant to erroring when encountering unexpected input like a post creation date of '5'.
- Fixed a problem where the color picker in the plugins area would sometimes refuse to work.
- RSS feeds should now actually pay attention to older threads that are updated.
- When gifting ProBoards+ to another member, the checkout page now actually lets you in on the secret of who you're purchasing for.
- Some library ratings had strayed from the one true path of mathematical accuracy, and have been dealt with accordingly.
- Auto-formed code boxes no longer delete themselves when hitting backspace twice.
- Fixed some spacing and animation issues with the new 'flip' mode of the news slider.
- The thread actions menu option 'Delete' has been renamed to 'Delete Thread' to better reflect what will actually happen if you use it.
- Searching for an IP in the security log no longer acts like a petulant child.
- Fixed a text error on IE mobile, which only occurred because IE mobile is a chip off the 'ol IE block.
- Clearing out a template now respects your choices, and leaves the template blank.
- Plugin settings with really long names now display properly, even when the names are really really really really really really long.
- Fixed a bunch of internal errors that none of you would ever have seen or cared about.
- Shiny new Forums.net homepage, and some new tiers of plans are now available!
- We added a new 'Dev Setup Call' Forums.net add on, for those who aren't familiar with server administration and coding but still want help with setting up Single Sign-on and/or InSite Forwarding.
- Streamlined the checkout process for Forums.net customers transferring from ProBoards.
- The Forums.net checkout process no longer has amnesia if you leave and come back.
- Added an alt tag to the options dropdown in posts for all three of you browsing forums using Lynx.
- The reported post page's 'Other Reports' area has been made less confusing.
- Turbocharged the headers & footers text areas into code editors and added better handling for hitting the size limits.
- Integrated Google Analytics directly into your forum, so you can really easily set up a wide range of metrics to complement the already baked-in analytics features for you statistics junkies. To test it out, go to Admin Area > Marketing > Analytics and click on the new 'Google Analytics' tab. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page, and you'll be up and running in no time!
- Added theme and plugin use data to the top of their respective manager pages. Never wonder how much space you have left ever again!
- The PBN bar can now be freely modified to your hearts content. Move it, add stuff, remove stuff, remove the entire thing. See if we even care .
- Added the Windows Phone logo to the list of places you can download the Tapatalk app, for the roughly 1% of you who use Windows Phone.
- The Guests Must Login page no longer counts pageviews against you, the same way that the maintenance mode page already does. As a further result, for those forums with Guests Must Login turned on, you should no longer see guest traffic reflected in your information centers.
If you haven't yet, you should head over to this thread and welcome our newest dev, Kenny!