Post by Tim Camara on Apr 24, 2015 16:01:33 GMT -8
So much for doing these more frequently... Anyways, hopefully over the next few months you'll start to see the results of the things that are keeping us so busy here.
- The mass email page now does a better job of saving you the embarrassment of sending an email to no one because of overly restrictive recipient selections.
- Anchors away! Anchor tags in posts should now work again.
- No more impersonating someone else by adding a tag or a quote while editing a post.
- Making "/" a smile will no longer break the rest of your smiles. //////////
- The bookmark icon was injected with a super-soldier serum, and now will show up immediately, rather than only after a reload.
- The $[current_user.has_new_recent_threads] variable has been rehabilitated.
- $[thread.is_new] moved out of it's old apartment, and now lives in the template variable list where it belongs.
- From shiftless to shift, the plugin shift function now properly shifts num_items.
- The account switch page was given x-ray goggles, and can now see invisible users when calculating the last online time.
- Internet Explorer users finally can see the error messages that appear when uploading theme images that are too large. #JustIEThings
- Took away the visual editor's time machine, so previewing a newly-created theme no longer shows you the old theme that's still the 'super-default'.
- LinkedIn is now a full member of the social page, and will be properly displayed even if you have no other social networks listed. (But seriously, who has a LinkedIn but not a Facebook or Twitter?)
- The news slider's flip mode has been "Fixed" for Internet Explorer 9. "Fixed", you ask? Yeah, you don't fix IE9, you just ease the pain.
- On custom pages, the top posters widget will now show all the information for logged in members, not just guests.
- Various areas on the ProBoards homepage and login areas will now properly display some of the more uncommon types of avatars.
- Broke and then fixed the [yt] and [youtube] bbcode tags.
- RSS feeds had an issue with links in some cases not linking correctly. All four of you that use this feature will be really happy to hear this, I'm sure.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs that would be completely invisible to anyone but us. Software's a lot like an old watch. On the surface, there's 3 moving hands, but under the surface, there's like a zillion little springs and cogs and magic pixie dust, and every so often someone needs to sweep up the pixie dust, otherwise it looks like the aftermath of a Ke$ha video, and no one wants that.
- The newer share options are now available to mobile view, making sure you can share your forum anywhere you are. You can share it in a car, you can share it in a bar. You can share it on a bear, you can share it from your lair.
- The [ video ] tag now takes height and width attributes, in case you want to make all your videos look like a fun-house mirror.
- Imgur's .gifv format is now supported, even though gfycat is clearly superior.
- When adding a custom page, we'll now try to create a proper ID for you. By Grapthar's hammer... What a savings. (If you don't get this reference, cancel all your weekend plans, and go watch Galaxy Quest instead)
- Updated the YouTube area of the social tab of your profile to properly support the newer /channel style profile links.
- Webkit-scrollbar, box-shadow, border-image, and columns are now all supported as inline styles in posts. I still think it's probably a bad idea to use them anything more than sparingly.
- Guests and deleted users now have an added class to be easier to target with JS and CSS.
- Adding an option to allow disabling all auto embedding on your forum. I can't promise it won't hurt our feelings if you turn it off, though.
- Newly created themes will have a larger clickable area for 'new' icons, which is a little late, since mitten season is almost over now.
- Added a new template variable: $[board.is_password_protected]. It lists whether a board is password protected. Surprising, I know.
- Links to Facebook photos now correctly embed. Finally, we can all see your sepia-toned diet right on the forum!
- Reworked the way the 'Attachment Limit Reached' warning works in the admin area, so that it'll actually warn you before you reach the limit, as well as once you've reached it. You don't even want to know how it worked before this.
- The ProBoards Homepage received a large amount of tiny tweaks. It's like one of those spot-the-differences games, only split up across dozens of pages, and with no sense of satisfaction at the end.
- Implemented deep linking and app indexing
- Added a 'Go To Board' button to the Categories and Boards page.
- We now support the new .TLDs such as .education. Back in my day, we had .com, .net, and .org, and it was good enough for us!
- We have a new YouTube account! Go check out the new videos Ricky's been making.
- Implemented a new deleted forum feedback form. Unfortunately, you can't see it unless you delete your forum, and you love us too much to do that? Right? Right?
- Rolled out a new back end system that's going to power a bunch of things that are coming down the line. I'd give you more details, but I have a reputation for being vague that I have to maintain.
I feel like this has been a frequent part of the dev blog as of late, but make sure you stop by this thread and welcome our newly hired designer, Zachary Guerrero. He's going to help us out with a bunch of projects moving forward, and I have a feeling you're going to like them.