Post by ProBoards Help Guide on Jul 31, 2014 14:00:03 GMT -8
Forum Admin Account Transfers
If you are no longer interested in maintaining your forum, you may transfer the admin account to another member.
Transfer Process Overview:
- The person wanting to transfer their admin account must have a registered account on this Support Forum using the same email address used for their forum account that they want transferred.
- The person taking over the admin account also must have a registered account on this Support Forum.
- The person transferring their admin account must create a thread on the Support Board with the following information:
- The URL of the forum.
- A link to the receiving member’s Support Forum user profile or their profile on the forum in question.
- A statement that they have read and understand this Forum Admin Account Transfers Help Guide article.
- The receiving member needs to post in the same thread that they accept control of the admin account.
- A ProBoards Admin will confirm the request, and transfer the account from the original global account to the receiver's global account.
- Only after this is done will the transfer be complete, and the ProBoards Admin will post in the thread that the transfer is complete.
What Happens When an Admin Account is Transferred
- The account is moved from the original member’s Global Account to the receiving member’s Global Account and as such the associated email address is automatically updated to the recipient's.
- Through the process of the admin account transfer, the original member’s PM’s and posts remain linked to the account being transferred and can now be accessed and are attributed to the receiving member. Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to transfer posts/PM’s to a different account. We recommend the original member clear any PM’s or posts with personal information prior to the transfer request.
- After the transfer, the receiving member will need to edit the profile of the account to personalize it with their details.
- No other forum accounts are affected besides the transferred admin account.
- The receiving member uses their own login credentials to log in to the account and will not have access to the original member’s password.
Note: Do not attempt to transfer your admin account by sharing login credentials and changing the email address of your account. This is not considered an official transfer. Also, account sharing is a violation of the Terms of Service.
Forum Admin Account Succession
If a forum admin passes away, or if the main admin has clearly abandoned a forum, ProBoards may determine a successor for the account. ProBoards will make a determination at their sole discretion what it views as the best course of action for the forum's members. It should be noted that ProBoards’ goal is the continued success of the forum and retaining the continuity of its membership.
If you would like to designate a successor to your forum, please create a topic on our Support Board letting us know. We will make an internal note for the forum with your request.
Note: The passing of a forum admin will need to be confirmed with a link to the obituary notice before any action is taken. The name and birth date are compared to the information in the forum admin’s account. For this reason we urge all forum admins to have account settings reflect their true name and birth date.
Updated February 2020