Post by ProBoards Help Guide on Feb 7, 2019 14:02:29 GMT -8
Ownership Succession Agreement
Forum Admins (user/1) may designate a successor to take possession of their forum's user/1 admin account (a.k.a. Forum Ownership) in the event of their passing or if certain circumstances are met (such as being absent for a specific period of time).
The procedure is as follows:
- Create a thread on the Support Board letting us know you would like to set up a Succession Agreement.
- The Agreement should include your detailed wishes in the event of your passing, but can also be what to do if you are absent from the forum after a specific period of time.
- We will attach an internal note to the forum with your wishes. (This is safer than a thread or post on the forum as there would be no chance of it being altered or deleted by anyone.)
- Your global account should reflect your true name and birthday. This would be necessary to verify a passing as the obituary information needs to match your account information. Birthdays should always be accurate on our service as per the Terms of Service, however if you do not use your true name in the global account, you may include it in your Succession Agreement as only PB staff will have access to this information.
- Because of the the personal information in Step 4 above, as well as if you wish to keep details of the Succession Agreement private, you would start a thread on the Support Board to initiate the Agreement process with a request to PM a PB Admin. An available PB Admin will then invite you to PM them with your Agreement information.
- You can revoke or change your Agreement at any time prior to its execution by contacting a PB Admin. Just create a new thread on the Support Board, and if possible please include a link to your original thread setting up the Agreement.
- We have no way of proactively knowing when a situation arises with a forum admin. Generally it would need to be brought to our attention that an admin has passed or is absent from the forum.
- Forum transfers can only be performed by ProBoards. Admins (or members) should never pass their login information on to another as sharing of credentials is a violation of our Terms of Service.