General Talk Board Rules
The General Talk Board is governed by the rules of this forum AND by the board specific rules listed below:
General Talk is a board for open discussion where threads should be thoughtful and not aimless. There are no topic restrictions so long as the subject matter does not violate the Rules of this forum or ProBoards Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
No bumping. You may participate in a conversation, but do not bump a board specifically for the purpose of keeping it alive. This includes necroposting, which is posting in a thread that has been inactive for at least 30 days.
Board Specific Rules:
- Thread subjects should be relevant to the topic and not misleading.
- Do not create threads where the subject at hand is already being discussed.
- Do not make frivolous threads or posts. In other words, don’t make posts regarding your post count, that you love peanut butter, that you’re bored, or your BRB status, etc.
- No "word games" or any threads which result in many just 1 or 2 word replies at fast intervals.
Participants should not make posts seeking advice on matters relating to health concerns (physical or mental), financial decisions, or legal matters. Additionally we caution against receiving advice from participants claiming to be a professional as their qualifications cannot be verified. An avid discussion of a topic is acceptable so long as the distinction between an opinion oriented discussion and advice seeking/giving is maintained.
- Polls must have at least 2 choices.
- Polls should be designed to promote discussion. In the starting post, the purpose of the poll should be clearly explained and include encourage for members to comment on their choice.
- The poll creator should lead by posting their choice and why.
- Think carefully before posting the poll, do some research if needed (don't want to miss an option).
- No tournaments.
- Any poll that does not follow the above guidelines will be locked.
Board Specific Ban:
There is a member group that excludes access to the General Talk board. Members that violate one of the rules will be placed in this group for 30 days in addition to their standard 50% warning.
If repeated rule violation occurs, member may be in this group on a permanent basis. General Talk is an awesome and strong community and the objective is to ensure that it remains that way. Members who are found circumnavigating this temporary "time out" will be permanently banned. We continue to urge members to please report issues as soon as they appear.
New Member Introductions Board Rules
The New Member Introductions Board is governed by the rules of this forum AND by the board specific rules listed below:
The New Member Introductions Board is for NEW members only to introduce themselves to ProBoards.
To New Members:
Welcome to the Support Forum of proboards.com. Please use this board to introduce yourself to the other members of the community.
Board Specific Rules:
- Only new members may start threads. A new member is someone who is new to this Support Forum, regardless if they are or have been an existing member of a ProBoards forum.
- Existing members are free to welcome these new members but should not deviate from the true intention of this board.