Monetary System 0.9.6 [Updated: 1st Dec, 2015] Nov 5, 2012 10:10:21 GMT -8 Jordan, Chris, and 41 more like this
Post by Peter on Nov 5, 2012 10:10:21 GMT -8
Test the Monetary System plugin here: monetary.proboards.com
Please take a moment to like this post and rate the plugin: ProBoards Library Link
- Help / FAQ
- Integrating Into Custom Mini Profiles & Profiles
- Showing Wallet Amount Anywhere On The Forum
- Plugin Install
- Additional Plugins Worth Checking Out
- Adding The "Bank" Link To The Navigation
- API For Developers
- Screen Shots
- Plugin Source
- Plugin Changes
Adjective: Of or relating to money or currency.
This plugin will add currency to your forum, allowing your members to earn virtual money (which is fake) when they post, and from other features of the system that are either included or being developed and released later on in the future.
Most parts of the system can be customised, from the text displayed in mini profiles, to the way money is displayed across the whole forum.
Support is also included for mini profiles that have been modified in the template layout.
Please be sure to read all parts of this post, as it contains important information regarding installing and customising the system.
If you do have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please post in this topic, don't contact me directly.
Note: The Monetary System plugin will require 1 super user key
Help / FAQ
- How do I edit a members money?
If the option is enabled to allow staff to edit members money, then all you need to do is go to the members profile, and click on the money value. A box will appear where you can enter the new money value. This also applies to the Bank balance if the Bank is enabled.
If you want other staff members to be able to edit money, you need to add them to the "who can edit" list.
- Can you add support for multiple currencies?
While it could be possible, I won't be adding this feature anytime soon, and am not sure if it would ever be done.
- How often is interest earned?
Interest is earned once per day (every 24 hours). Interest can only be earned when posting, so tell your members to be active.
- How do I add the bank and stock market to the navigation?
Please see the information below regarding the navigation links, it will tell you what they need to be, and shows a screen shot of where you can add them.
- Why can I not set different amounts for the ranks?
Ranks are not searchable like Groups are, so this can not be done at this time.
- How do I gift money using a link?
You can use the gift money link with your unique code on the end... http://yourforum.proboards.com/?monetarygift=YOUR_UNQIUE_CODE.
Don't forget, you can enable the gift icon that will show in the Yootil bar to make it easier for members to get their gifts.
- Wages are not getting paid, what's wrong?
Wages are paid when members actively post, and they must meet a certain amount of posts set by yourself. On the other hand, wages for staff are earned with no restriction.
- Money is not showing in the profile, or mini profiles in threads, why?
Usually this problem is related to your forum having a custom theme where you have altered the structure and / or class names. The plugin does support custom profiles and mini profiles to a degree, however if you modify the class names and the total structure, then the plugin can not traverse over the DOM to find specific areas to apply the monetary features.
- The donation button is not showing on the users profile, how do I get it to show?
In your layout template, you can add in the button manually like so...
<a class="button" href="/user/%24[user.id]?monetarydonation&view=1">Send Donation</a>
- Monetary System isn't working now I have updated to the latest version, what's going on?
Make sure you are using the latest version of Yootil, as some API changes were made in 0.9+ for this plugin. Also make sure you have the plugins in the correct order.
- Members aren't getting their donations or other items (i.e trade requests if shop is installed), why?
The Yootil Bar (bottom left corner) contains all the links to the pages for donations, trades, gifts etc, however there is no notification system by default. A notification plugin has been created to help with this problem: www.proboards.com/library/plugins/item/1072
- Can we get notifications when something has happened (i.e user received a donation)?
There is an official notification plugin created for exactly this. Please see this link: support.proboards.com/thread/558404/monetary-notifications-updated-10th-2015
To use the Monetary System plugin, you will need the Yootil Plugin, without it, this plugin will not work. So please follow the instructions in that thread.
Requires: Yootil Plugin
Install: ProBoards Plugin Library
Note: Please check which version you are installing is the latest. You can do that my checking this topic title, as it contains the version number as well as the date it was released.
Additional Plugins Worth Checking Out
Listed here are plugins that have hooked into the Monetary System to provide additional functionality, or ways to earn money.
Integrating Into Custom Mini Profiles & Profiles
Because people like to customise the look of their mini profile, and profile, this can cause an issue with how the money information gets displayed. Below is a video demoing the basic solution I have put in place. Please note, this video is old, since then some new classes have been added for additional information.
Showing Wallet Amount Anywhere On The Forum
If you would like to show the members wallet amount on the forum, you can create an element with the below class, and this will get populated by the plugin.
Class Name: money_wallet_amount
Adding The "Bank" Link To The Navigation
The Monetary System doesn't automatically add the "Bank" link to the navigation, this is something that you can do yourself so you have full control over where it appears.
The screen shot below should be enough for you to work how how to do it from the admin area.
API For Developers
The Monetary System has a basic API for other developers to hook into, please look over the docs and source code to see how to use it.
Note: There may be missed features in the current release not mentioned here.
Administration Area (Backend)
- Change money text (i.e "Money").
- Change money symbol (i.e "£").
- Change money symbol to an image.
- Show, or not show the money in the mini profile across the whole forum.
- Show, or not show the money text in the mini profile across the whole forum.
- Show, or not show the money symbol in the mini profile across the whole forum.
- Show, or not show the money on the profile for users.
- Show, or not show the money text on the profile for users.
- Show, or not show the money symbol on the profile for users.
- Show, or not show the money on the members list.
- Show, or not show the money text on the members list.
- Change table header text on the members list.
- Set money to include decimals or just be whole numbers.
- Allow editing of money from the users profile if user has permission (i.e staff).
- Disable earning money from the quick reply.
- Earning Settings
- Set the amount of money earned for a new thread.
- Set the amount of money earned for including a poll.
- Set the amount of money earned for replying in a thread (full reply).
- Set the amount of money earned for replying in a thread (quick reply).
- Set the amount of money earned for categories.
- Set the amount of money earned for boards.
- Add categories for where money will be disabled.
- Add boards for where money will be disabled.
- Add members who can no longer earn money.
- Add threads to disable earning money in them.
- Add groups who can no longer earn money.
- Enable or disable the Bank.
- Interest Rate amount.
- Minimum amount the user can deposit into the Bank.
- Minimum amount the user can withdraw from the Bank.
- Coin image can be changed.
- Transaction text replacements
- Stock Market
- Enable or disable the Stock Market.
- Enable or Disable the Stock Chart image.
- Compact layout for smaller forum widths.
- Stock block width to fine tune the width of the information.
- Up arrow image can be changed.
- Down arrow image can be changed.
- Stock company name and symbol replacements
- Enable or disable the wages system.
- Set how often wages should be paid.
- Enable or disable wage bonuses.
- Set the bonus amount.
- Set where the wages should be paid into.
- Set wage rules for different amounts based on post count.
- Set staff wages.
- Rank Up
- Enable or disable rank up earning.
- Set where the money should be paid into.
- Set the amount of money that can be earned for ranking up.
- Gift Money
- Enable or disable the gift system.
- Set where the money should be paid into.
- Change the gift icons.
- Create gift codes with different amounts, and with different permissions.
- Enable or disable the donation system.
- Set min and max values.
- Change text.
Forum Features (Frontend)
- Members can earn money from creating new threads.
- Members can earn money from adding a poll to their threads.
- Members can earn money from replying in threads.
- Members can earn money from replying using the quick reply (if enabled).
- Members can view other members money amount.
- Members can access the Bank feature (if enabled).
- Members can deposit money into the Bank if they meet the minimum amount.
- Members can withdraw money from the Bank if they meet the minimum amount.
- Members can view their last 5 transactions at the Bank
- Members can access the virtual Stock Market (if enabled).
- Members can buy and sell stock from the stock Market.
- Staff can edit members money amount from their profiles (if enabled).
- Staff can edit members bank balance from their profiles (if enabled).
- Members list displays members money amount (if enabled).
- Bank added to Yootil Plugin Bar.
- Stock Marked added to Yootil Plugin Bar
- Earning interest once a day if you post.
- Earning a wage when actively posting.
- Earning money for ranking up when actively posting.
- Staff can earn a wage which doesn't expire like members wages rules.
- Accept gift money.
- Syncing of data between tabs / windows to prevent loss of money.
- Members can donate money to each other.
Click image to open bigger version in new tab / window.
If you are interested in seeing how the system works, and how I have put it together, below is an uncompressed dev version. Please don't redistribute it, as a lot of hours have gone into this.
This is the merged version. All the core modules a merged into one file, to look over each module easier, please look at the rep on GitHub.
Here, I will attempt to keep this up to date of what things have been changed so people don't need to look through all the new posts.
Date is UK format.
- Fixed an issue with money not getting applied when interest is added to the bank
- Fixed staff wage expiration bug always set to 0
- Fixed wages being paid into bank when bank is disabled.
- Fixed rank up payments being paid into bank when bank is disabled.
- Fixed missing expressions.
- Fixed rejected donation reference issue.
- Fixed issue with dialog title showing HTML due to jQuery UI update. "create" event used to fix it.
- Added in calls to create notifications using the new Yootil Notification API (you will need the monetary notification plugin).
- Fixed double encoding of the users display name, ProBoards already handles making this safe.
- Complete rewrite of docs.
- Removed update checker.
- Can now change icon for the donation image that appears in the Yootil bar.
- Changes to setup in the way it checks "boolean" settings.
- Fixed missing class name on members list (text align was incorrect).
- Fixed rounding issue; more decimal places being used than I wanted (only effected data storage length).
- Changes possible instances that a float could be concatenating with a string.
- Syncing improved so that multiple characters shouldn't get cross over data corruption.
- Fixed an issue if gift codes are blank, it will now show an error message instead of a blank page.
- Added in basic message to the user if the key data is too big. Checks were in place, just not informing the user.
- Fixed wages expire time not being correct. Year was being set (due to no ".getTime()") instead of a timestamp.
- Donation icon in the yootil bar now always shows
- Small tweaks to code
- Fixed issue clearing investments
- Small performance tweaks
- Fixed sending donation issue
- Fixed floating point issue
- Fixed issue with disabling rank up bonus
- Fixed grammar
- Remove "reset" message and changed it to a "set" message
- Fixed members page not setting the money or bank values when changing pages (data table old)
- Fixed some other small things
- Syncing of notification clearing
- Negative money tweaks (edit dialog)
- Notification system for members who get their wallet or bank balance edited (disabled by default under Settings)
- Support for negative money
- Bug fixes
- Small minor changes
- Few methods / properties moved do main module for reuse outside
- Fixed typos and minor fixes
- Fixed regular expression for bank and stock market modules (thanks Chris )
- Add exclude groups option for donations
- Fixed issue when money symbol is set as an image is shown as HTML in the custom wallet.
- Edit money dialog improved with more options.
- Donations received and donations sent now collected as a stat.
- Donations received, donations sent, and bank balance will show in the mini profile as well as profile.
- Bank balance has new options to show for staff only (default), show in mini profile (off by default), and show in profile.
- Donations sent and received have options to show on profile and in the mini profile (these are off by default).
- New classes for those with custom templates, or who wants to display the information in a different place.
- Fixed bugs and compression issue
- Donation feature
- Bank deposit / withdraw validation bug
- Data class to handle setting and getting users data
- Lots of improvements and and tweaks to the code internally
- Minor visual changes to the Bank page.
- Syncing of data cross tabs / windows
- Fixed the permissions for categories, boards, and threads.
- Changed to how the data object is saved. Before it was getting converted to a JSON string twice.
- Fixed an issue with 2 loops when there were custom amounts of boards and categories.
- Added in the option to set the "Bank Balance" column header on the members page.
- Changed validation restriction for a lot of places where you can change text (now anything is accepted).
- Changed the refund all stock dialog to allow the user to decline the message, which then stops showing up for good.
- Fixed an issue where gift money would try to pay into the bank when the bank is disabled.
- If stock market is disabled, a notice to the user will ask them if they want a refund on all investments.
- Bug fix to gift money showing an error to the user if there was no "Show Gift Icon" value set.
- Fixed an issue with wages not correctly looping through groups to find the highest earning amount.
- Edit money now has improved permissions, you can select who can edit the money (by default all staff can).
- You can now ban groups from earning money.
- Bank balance can now be shown on the members list for staff (if bank is enabled). By default this is disabled.
- Staff can now earn a wage that is not depended on posting.
- Bug fix to the edit money icon showing for all people.
- Money for wages and gifts will default to being paid into the wallet (in case the Bank is disabled).
- Gift money to everyone, specific members, and groups. Gifts can only be used once per person.
- Show gift icon (can be turned off incase you want to create a game... Hunt the gift code ) in Yootil bar to the user.
- Edit Money setting is now disabled by default.
- Bug fix to update notification checking.
- Can now change the money separator (default is ":").
- Can choose to have a space after the money separator or not.
- No longer restricted to using spans for customising the profile and mini profile.
- Mini profile customising doesn't require custom elements to be inside the "info" div now, can be anywhere in the mini profile.
- Update notification is shown to all staff now.
- Update notification can not be hidden unless it's disabled (people get lazy and hide the message, I want people to update).
- Bug fix to version checking (also method has been moved to Yootil).
- Can show the members wallet amount anywhere on the forum using an element with the class "money_wallet_amount".
- Customising of money and bank on the members profile is now possible. Please see first post for details when 0.6.4 is out.
- Profile money and bank amounts now show a small edit icon, this can be customised or turned off.
- Transaction rows text size has been increased by 1.
- Bug fix with wages where bonus was being paid when it wasn't meant too.
- Members who rank up now earns a fixed amount set in the settings.
- "RANKUP" transaction text added to Bank settings page
- "Posts:" match string changed to "Posts" (some people have removed the colon ":" so this caused issues).
- Bank and Stock Market Yootil Bar icons can now be changed (can be found on the Bank and Stock Market settings pages).
- More options to select for the update checker (2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 days added).
- You can now set different earning amounts for categories and boards.
- Fixed an issue with floats in the title bar of the stock market and bank effecting some forums.
- Improved version update checking showing the message for an older version number.
- Fixed 404 issues with latest ProBoards changes
- Bug fix
- More customising of text that appears
- Bank balance no longer shows on profile if bank is disabled
- Stock Market
- Customise all images that appear
- Money symbol can now be an image
- Quick reply earning enabled by default and set to 5
- Various other things changed and fixed
- Fixed an edit money bug, sometimes it would reset to 0
- Staff can now see how much a user has in their bank on their profile
- Staff can now edit a bank balance
- Staff can no longer edit their own money
- Fixed a balance bug when interest is added
- Fixed bug when no user has a money object
- Fixed an issue with drafts not clearing.
- Interest now can be earned once a day if you post.
- API has changed, instead of "pixeldepth_monetary", it's now "pixeldepth.monetary".
- Bug fix with members getting money in their bank account when editing the users money.
- Bug fix with permissions (categories, boards, and members).
- New feature; Ban earning from specific threads.
- If not logged in, bank page will just show the forum
- Admin tabs have been changed around, some settings combined to 1 tab now
- New setting for the quick reply, you can now set the amount if you want it to be different
- 2 new methods for other plugins: pixeldepth_monetary.disable_earning() & pixeldepth_monetary.enable_earning()
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks to the code