Post by Chris on Jan 19, 2013 9:08:59 GMT -8
Now you canbuttons deciding what to keep or remove on your posting page or quick reply . You may also decide to create your own buttons for BBCode that have no standard buttons.
(feeling nostalgic and want to resurrect that blockquote button?).
(feeling nostalgic and want to resurrect that blockquote button?).
*a sneak preview update for nightly v0.9.1 (aka Control Freak) is available at bottom of this post
download: QuickReplyBBcodeButtons.pbp (v0.9.9)library: Quick Reply BBCode Buttons (v1.0.0)
Plugin Keys: none
Other Storage: localStorage
This plugin performs the functions of the old version 4 code by Mithras plus more. In the plugin settings you decide which buttons should appear on your quick reply and also the full posting page if you set the plugin to control those buttons as well. Create your own custom buttons if the button you are looking for is not there.
- [ADDED-BUGFIX 1.0.0 (release)]
- fixed button pool base image url
- fixed Internet Explorer disappearing selection on preview tab when using custom buttons. - Added 'wysiwygquickcreate' custom event for api listeners
- [ADDED 0.9.9 (beta)]details) - added new workaround for themed smileys: (
- [ADDED 0.9.8 (beta)] - added ability to disable specific embeds rather than all at same time
- [ADDED 0.9.7 (beta)] - added entry for the embed button to fire tab so it can now be included in buttons that can be removed
- [ADDED 0.9.6 (beta)]
* for those still using older versions of this plugin it is recommended you update to at least version 0.8.9 in order to avoid problems with any newly added buttons in the future - added native support for the insert embed button
- [ADDED-BUGFIX 0.9.5 (beta)]imported from advanced version)
- checked for [" instead of just [ at start of attribs to avoid confusing expanded inputs with bbcode entered in pragma_content
- allow for the casual occurence of = and | in the attributes field using a double backslash for escaping
- fixed (once again) 1-based array being treated as 0-based array resulting in incorrect button index interpretation (">=" should be ">")
- switched to $.unique_id since tacking on a timestamp was sometimes not sufficient - expanded available input types when showing the user a prompt (
- [ADDED-BUGFIX 0.9.4 (beta)]
- added feature detect (option) to API so API callers are able to distinguish between basic and advanced plugins
- fixed a bug that broke attribute aliases
- fixed a bug that ignored titles set on the button by an API and instead used name or tag - added "create", "addtag" and "insert" callbacks for API
- [ADDED 0.9.3 (beta)]
- removed capability for an api call to remove a button (defaults to insert before instead), only buttons created in the plugin can do that
- added ability for api to choose an editor by adding an editor name to the options in the call (e.g. "visual" would add button only to preview tab) - updated api to manually add a button rather than issue an error when buttons have already been created by WYSIWYG
- [ADDED 0.9.2 (beta)]
- added support for protocol agnostic button image urls
- added a rudimentary api with an addButton method for use by other plugins and codes (window.eton.wysiwyg.addButton) - added support for restricting custom made buttons to only appear for specific groups or only in specific boards
- [ADDED 0.9.1 (beta)] pragma_noendtag changed to output bbcode on the preview tab because jquery and the browser will automatically add an ending tag if none given
- [ADDED 0.9.0 (beta)] added support for pragma attributes when creating buttons, currently recognized:
- pragma_noendtag forces the button to not have an ending tag
- pragma_content allows specifying default text (think "insert code here" whenever code tag is inserted)
Added a replacement ID field when creating custom buttons so they can also now replace existing buttons
- [ADDED 0.8.9 (beta)]
- [ADDED 0.8.8 (beta)]
- [ADDED 0.8.7 (beta)]
- [BUGFIX 0.8.5 (beta)]
Once again, on the evening of April 5, 2013, Proboards changed something* in the matrix regarding smileys leading to deja vu with black cats walking by twice and some buttons disappearing on quick reply even if enabled in settings. A PATCH WAS RELEASED without a version change to fix this so please redownload version 0.8.5.
@proboards: Just a thought but we seem to have lost this open information policy that showed such promise and are reverting to the old "shoot first and ask questions later" policy that sent coders scrambling every time some change, that was never announced, occurred.KUDOS ON KEEPING US INFORMED PROBOARDS!!! +100 - a change to the structure of the user data on certain pages* led to a bug where the buttons duplicated themselves when creating a conversation (PM). This version abandons the no longer reliable data for the (hopefully) more reliable.
- [BUGFIX 0.8.4 (beta)]channonite )
- [ADDED 0.8.3 (beta)] - added ability to extend custom and disabled buttons to full reply page if desired. Solidified features list and graduated from alpha phase
- [BUGFIX 0.7.9 (alpha)] A change to how the smiley emoticons menu is displayed makes it go off screen and inaccessible (more details)
Note: this fix simply sets collision back to "flip" since it was recently changed to "none"
- If you define custom smiley emoticons in your admin panel this plugin has no access to that data so if you wish those custom smileys to show up in the plugin then enable the shoutbox so the plugin can grab them from the shoutbox, you can still hide the shoutbox, if that is what you wish, by editing the shoutbox template so it becomes hidden but remains enabled
see spoiler for an alternate explanation
If you have smilies other than the standard smilies defined in your admin panel then those smilies would not be available for the BBCode plugin to access on certain pages. In order to have those custom smilies appear when using quick reply you must enable the shoutbox. With the shoutbox enabled the BBCode plugin can grab the smilies from the shoutbox. If you do not want the shoutbox to display for your members and visitors then the image I posted shows how to edit the shoutbox layout to effectively hide it (but still have it remain enabled)
This has nothing to do with any other plugin or even how you host your smilies. As long as you've told the admin panel which smilies you want to use it will send those smilies to the shoutbox but it will not send them to a plugin. The plugin therefore cheats by copying off the shoutbox's paper when the teacher is not looking...
- When creating custom buttons, if Proboards doesn't support the tag, attribute or style then using it will not work. The last time I checked, the "input" tag, the attribute "class" and the css property "display" (just three examples) are not supported so using them won't work!
Proboards V5 Editor Controls Manager version 0.9.2 (nightly) April 2, 2015
[div style="width:50%;margin:auto;background-color:hotpink;border:solid 2px;border-radius:5px;"][div style="padding:3px;"][b style="font-size:2em;"]Notice:[/b] [p]This plugin has never at any stage in its life made any AJAX calls or indirectly made calls to any private widget methods that made an AJAX call. With the exception of [u]one person[/u] constantly stating that it does and others doing a Michele Bachmann and repeating this [b]as fact[/b] without proper collaborating evidence and verification (such as a reproducible environment) such talk will be filed under my BS folder until such time as empirical evidence arise to refute or confirm.